Motorcycle accidents happen every day in the United States and right here in Crystal River. Unfortunately, because motorcyclists are sharing the road with much larger vehicles, the impact of a crash can be devastating. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists were nearly 29 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash per vehicle miles traveled.
If you or a loved one suffered injury or wrongful death due to a motorcycle accident in Crystal River, let our local experts go to work for you! The team at Lowman Law Firm cares about the Crystal River community, and offers a free consultation – and you never pay until we win your case.
Who's At Fault?
Put Our Crystal River Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers On the Case!
While Personal Injury Protection (PIP) auto insurance is mandatory for automobile drivers in Florida, it does not cover motorcycles, which can leave a motorcyclist in financial distress following an accident. Of course, before you can proceed with a legal case to get compensation for injuries, a party must be identified as legally responsible for the motorcycle accident. This may include:
- The motorcycle manufacturer
- The driver of another vehicle
- The government agency responsible for maintaining safe roadways
- The repair shop responsible for work on the bike
- The motorcycle rental company
A party is considered “at fault” when they are negligent, doing something to cause the crash. Types of negligence include:
- Comparative Negligence: The injured party shares fault with the defendant.
- Gross Negligence: Negligent actions that go beyond simple carelessness (e.g., a drunk driver).
- Vicarious Liability: Negligence of one party that another party is responsible for (e.g., local government's responsibility for bus drivers).
Your insurance will assess these four elements of negligence to determine fault:
- Duty of Care: The driving conduct of the at-fault party compared to that of the victim.
- Causation: The negligent actions of the at-fault party must have caused the accident that resulted in your injuries.
- Damages: Proof that you sustained injuries (medical bills, lost wages post-injury, etc).
- Breach of Duty: The at-fault driver breached their duty to act carefully by failing to follow traffic rules.
When you choose Lowman Law Firm for your Crystal River personal injury attorney or wrongful death attorney, we will:
- Meet with you at no cost to discuss your options and to understand how your injury occurred.
- File all necessary paperwork to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Keep in contact with you during your case, providing your attorney's cell phone number so you can reach out directly anytime.
- Obtain all documentation available to support your injury case including medical bills and physician testimony.
- Collect any available evidence related to your accident, including any proof that the other party is at fault when possible.
- Defend your rights throughout the legal process, and we do not collect a fee unless you win!
Our Personal Injury Law Firm
in Crystal River, Florida
Meet Your Crystal River Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Involved in a motorcycle accident? First, make sure everyone is safe and out of harm's way. Then, contact a motorcycle accident attorney. If you've been involved in an accident in or around Crystal River, let our team help. You can also text Joe anytime at 813-317-5927. Remember, the best time to speak to a lawyer is immediately after an accident!
What Our Clients Say About Lowman Law Firm’s Crystal River Personal Injury Attorneys
Going into a deposition and remediation can be nerve racking but honestly with Brent by my side put me at ease and had me confident. The outcome was better than I expected! I 100% will always recommend the Lowman Law firm! Thank you again everyone for everything you have done for me! You guys are phenomenal!
My experience with Lowman Law Firm was excellent. Joe Lowman and his staff are the best in the business. From day one they handled my auto accident extremely professionable and made sure my needs were taken care of immediately. I can’t thank them enough for all they have done for me.
If you want someone to represent you that really fights for YOU and cares about YOU, then you want Joe Lowman. I was referred to him by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made. His staff is friendly, professional and well qualified to provide you with what you need. My case went better than I could have ever projected because of their hard work.
Fortunately, I have had a few good lawyers in my life. Lowman Law Firm falls into that experience. As a Licensed Healthcare Professional, my opinion is that they showed great regard and concern for my health. They carried the load professionally & expeditiously; never pressured me, while allowing me to recover.
Lowman law firm exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them to all my family and friends. Brent Lowman is an outstanding attorney! I feel so lucky and thankful that I was introduced to him to work on my case.
Dealing with insurance companies is not a pleasant experience and I wanted a professional on my side. I met with Joe Lowman who explained the process to me and put me at ease with me realizing that I had a competent, capable and experienced team fighting for me. They navigated through getting my car fixed and countless medical appointments and kept me informed as things progressed. Joe Hill was awesome at taking the facts, communicating with the doctors offices and insurance companies and getting the best outcome possible. The outcome was greater than I thought was possible. This would not have been possible without the awesome work, skills and professionalism of Joe Hill. He is great and I will always recommend Lowman Law Firm. You guys are fantastic!
I never would have imagined a car accident case being this pleasant. I’ve had a different lawyer in the past and it was not great. I was recommended to Lowman Law firm and immediately I felt important walking through their door. Throughout the entire process I was never clueless about what was going on with the case. They were always responding immediately and staying on top of things.
I truly appreciate what Lowman Law Firm has done for me. I suffered debilitating injuries from an auto accident. Every time I spoke to LLF, I was both kindly reassured and given precise updates as to the progress of my claim. They worked hard for me. I am very pleased with the outcome of my case.Thank you every one at LLF! Especially Joe and Tiffany who held my hand through it all.