Golf carts aren't just for the green! Today, golf carts are a popular method of transportation across Florida and used throughout many communities. Unfortunately, widespread use of golf carts means more accidents involving them.
If you've been injured in a golf cart accident, on or off the green, then let the experts go to work for you! The team at Lowman Law Firm cares about our Florida communities and offers a free consultation to everyone – and you never pay until we win your case.
Golf Cart Accidents in Florida
The Sunshine State has the most golf courses in the country with approximately 1,250. But golf carts aren't just for golfers. For example, there are more than 50,000 golf carts for the 125,000 residents of the sprawling Florida community The Villages! So what is the cause of the golf cart accidents?
- Rollovers due to overloading/overcrowding
- No seatbelts (or not wearing them)
- Drunk or distracted driving
- Sharp turns and reversing downhill
- Driving over wet, muddy, or uneven terrain
- Leaving the brake unlocked upon exiting
- Racing or other horseplay
Of course, inattentive or intoxicated motorists also cause many golf cart accidents, and that's where we come in. If you've been involved in a golf cart accident due to the negligence of a motorist, we can help.
Who's at Fault in a Golf Cart Accident?
Golf cart accidents in Florida are typically treated like any other vehicular accident and are just as serious. However, there are additional complexities when there is an accident involving a golf cart.
Florida golf carts do not need to be registered or insured, and drivers do not need a valid license because they cannot be operated on Florida roads; however, some local ordinances may allow them on roads which complicate matters. Additionally, some golf carts can be modified to qualify as a "low-speed vehicle," which does require registration, Personal Injury Protection insurance, and an operator's license. So as you can see, the outcome of a golf cart accident could vary depending on who was at fault, where the cart was driving at the time (lawfully or unlawfully), and whether or not it is considered a low-speed vehicle.
Rather than guess your way through the aftermath of a golf cart accident, it's best to have an experienced Florida golf cart accident injury attorney at your side who will help you:
- Find out whether the golf cart is properly insured (and if it needed to be)
- Identify what its issued use was (road use or usage inside a community or complex)
- Determine how to handle filing a claim
- Understand the potential compensation you may receive for your injuries
- Know your rights with insurance companies
- Keep in contact with you during your case, providing your attorney's cell phone number so you can reach out directly anytime.
- Obtain all documentation available to support your injury case including medical bills and physician testimony.
- Collect any available evidence related to your accident, including any proof that the other party is at fault when possible.
- Defend your rights throughout the legal process, and we do not collect a fee unless you win!
Contact Lowman Law Firm, Your Dedicated Golf Cart Accident Lawyers
Involved in a golf cart accident? First, make sure everyone is safe and out of harm's way. Then, contact the golf cart accident attorneys at Lowman Law Firm. You can even text Joe anytime at 813-317-5927. Remember, the best time to speak to a lawyer is immediately after an accident!
Lowman Law Firm was built on compassion and customer service. We’ll never treat your case like a number because we care about the communities we work in:
- Citrus County: Beverly Hills, Crystal River, Floral City, Homosassa, Inverness, Lecanto
- Hernando County: Brooksville, Ridge Manor, Spring Hill, Spring Lake, Weeki Wachee
- Pasco County: Dade City, Land O’ Lakes, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a golf cart accident, we will be committed and invested in your case from your initial consultation until its resolution. As our client, you’ll also have our full attention, meeting in person with us or by calling, emailing, and texting.
With our combined experience and expertise, our entire law firm is committed to getting you the best possible results for your golf cart accident.