Motorcycle Vs. Car Accident
Lowman Law Firm: Your Tenacious Spring Hill Motorcycle Versus Car Accident Attorneys
Here in Hernando County, we are proud to be home to several spectacular riding routes, as well as many motorcycle enthusiasts. However, we also realize that with the good comes the bad. Motorcycle wrecks are often devastating catastrophes that leave the driver permanently disabled. Worse still, they are often fatal. These are grave facts with which anyone who makes the decision to own a motorcycle must come to grips. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles. Motorcycles also have a higher fatality rate per unit of distance travelled when compared with automobiles. Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists' risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than a passenger car.
According to a famously well-referenced study by Harry Hurt of The University of Southern California called “Motorcycle Accident Cause Factors and Identification of Countermeasures,” the number one finding was that approximately three-fourths of these motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, which was most often a passenger automobile. The study also showed that in multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents [studied]. It’s easy to see how motorcyclists are often the victim of careless automobile drivers.
- 75% of accidents were found to involve a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle, while the remaining 25% of accidents were single motorcycle accidents.
What to do in Case You Have Been Involved in a Motorcycle Versus Car Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle versus car accident in Brooksville, Spring Hill, Hernando County or Central Florida, contact Lowman Law Firm for a free consultation. Lowman Law Firm’s attorneys stand ready and able to help guide you through the steps necessary to recover your just compensation, including medical, surgical, emergency, lost wages and any other recompense that may be covered. Our capable, compassionate lawyers have the necessary experience and insight into motorcycle accident law.
Injuries sustained in motorcycle versus car wrecks can be physically and financially disastrous. Typical injuries include:
- Concussion and brain damage, as the head violently contacts other vehicles or objects. Riders wearing an approved helmet reduce the risk of death by 37 percent.
- Breakage of joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and wrists), fingers, spine and neck, for the same reason. The most common breakages are the shoulder and the pelvis.
- Soft tissue (skin and muscle) damage (road rash) as the body slides across the surface.
- Biker's arm, a condition where the nerves in the upper arm are damaged during the fall, causing permanent paralysis of arm movement.
- Facial disfigurement.
Your team at Lowman Law Firm serving Spring Hill, Florida and surrounding areas such as Brooksville and Hernando County are ready to assist you and your family in the event of such a horrible motorcycle crash. Let our tenacious, experienced motorcycle accident attorneys handle your case for you.