Find out how slip and falls occur and what your options are!
Slip and fall injuries occur when a person trips or slips, falling on another business or person's property.
The state of Florida requires property owners to keep a reasonably safe premises, holding them liable for a person's injuries after a slip, trip, or fall. When you, or a family member suffers from a slip and fall injury, it is necessary to file a lawsuit to receive just compensation.
Slip and fall injuries may be caused by:
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Poor stair design
- Building/Construction Code Violations
- Slippery flooring
- Poor or Inadequate Lighting
- Liquids on the floor such as water, or oil
- Foreign objects obstructing a walkway
- Torn carpet
As a residential or business property owner, it is a person's responsiblity to warn visitors of harmful or threatening risks, which may exist on the property.
In order for guilt to be assigned to a party during a slip and fall case, at least one of the following must be proven:
- The owner is responsible for the damage caused to the floor surface
- The owner was aware of the hazard, and did nothing to fix it
- There are reasons the owner should have known about the hazard, but may not have
Slip and fall cases can be tricky, but Lowman Law Firm has the knowledge and experience to gain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to give Lowman Law Firm a call. You will speak directly with a slip and fall lawyer and receive the personal attention you deserve.