Written on Apr 6, 2012 2:28:00 PM
Tips After A Drunk Driving Accident In Spring Hill
Topics: dui accident
At Lowman Law Firm, your Spring Hill automobile accident attorneys, we’ve witnessed the aftermath of drunk driving accidents in Hernando County. There’s nothing much more depressing than seeing an innocent victim unable to move or speak because of injury or worse, a victim’s family who comes to us seeking help after their loved one was killed by a drunk driver.
According to the Florida DMV, “if you drink alcohol and drive you dramatically increase your chance of being in a crash. In addition, if you are pulled over and the officer asks you to take a blood, urine or breath test you are required to comply. Florida has the "Implied Consent Law". When you sign your drivers license you have agreed to take these tests upon request. Refusal to take any of the tests will result in an immediate suspension for one year. A second refusal will result in an 18 month suspension.”
What To Think About After A Spring Hill Drunk Driving Car Accident
Consulting a DUI automobile accident attorney in Spring Hill after a DUI accident is one of the most important things you can do. After you make sure you’re medically cleared, contact Lowman Law Firm to speak directly with an attorney. Consultations are free and always discreet.
- Drunk driving can have long lasting affects on everyone involved, especially in the event of a Spring Hill drunk driving crash. Whether you are the driver or the victim of a drunk driving crash, it is in your best interest to speak with a Lowman Law Firm attorney as soon as you can.
- Drivers: Become well aware of your rights so that you can protect yourself
- Victims: know your rights with regard to medical and auto coverage for damages as well as for civil advice. Your Spring Hill DUI accident attorneys will help guide you through every step after a being hit by a drunk driver.
Financial Recovery After A DUI Accident In Spring Hill
Many people think that after a drunk driving crash, there is little recourse beyond that of the driver's auto insurance. However, much more can be lost than your car after a drunk driving crash. Always consult your Spring Hill automobile accident lawyers at Lowman. We can consult with you about your financial options. Additionally, here are a few places you can seek to recover from your losses:
- Were you injured? If so, consult with your employer about disability benefits you can collect while you are unable to work.
- How seriously were you injured? If your drunk driving crash resulted in serious injury, consult with a DUI accident attorney in Spring Hill at Lowman about a civil suit against the driver responsible for the crash.
- Did you lose more than your car in the crash? If you had valuables in your car when you were the victim of a drunk driving crash and you are a homeowner or renter, consult with your homeowner's or renter's insurance company to recover losses of items that would typically be in your home.
A drunk driving crash does not have to be the end of the world. Get the financial help that is available to you as a victim of such a serious crime. And it is highly-recommended that you speak as soon as possible with a drunk driving car accident attorney in Spring Hill at Lowman Law Firm.